The Torrid Marine™ Horizontal Marine Water Heaters are ideal for installation in areas with restricted height. Available in several popular sizes, these ultra-slim Marine Water Heaters allow tight-quarter installation, yet offer all the benefits of glass-lined tanks and commercial duty construction! Fittings are easily accessed from the face of the water heater.
AT A GLANCE features:
- Glass lined, marine powder coated inner tank for clean, healthy, metal-free domestic water!
- Foam insulation for excellent R-Value and Efficiency.
- REMOVABLE Heat Exchangers enable periodic cleaning for optimum transfer efficiency.
- Incoloy Sheathed Elements that eliminate dry fire and protection against chlorinated shore water.
- Adjustable Thermostats for total control of water temperature!
- 100% replaceable parts-the key to a truly commercial grade, maintainable, high performance product.
- 120V, 1500W Power or 240V, 1500W Power (choose option at checkout).
Jacket: Marine Powder-Coated Gloss White over galvaneel metal. (Stainless option is available on model MHS-10)
Inner Tank: Much like a coffee thermos, Torrid™ tanks are glass lined, which provides clean, hygienic containment for domestic hot water and reduces exposure of stored hot water to metals such as aluminum, stainless steel, or copper.
Tanks are rated to 150 PSI working pressure, tested to 300 PSI, and are built to A.S.M.E. specifications. The tank comes equipped with a 100PSI, T&P (temperature & pressure) relief valve. The tank exteriors are powder coated and foam-insulated for optimum performance. Our comprehensive 5 year warranty is included on the tank.
Anode Protection: All Torrid water heaters are designed specifically for the marine environment with complete, maintainable anode protection system. The anodes on our water heaters are easily accessible and are sized to provide adequate protection for your water heater.
Elements: Stainless steel Incoloy sheathed elements installed. Elements and thermostat are U.L. listed, and comply with with United States CoastGuard (USCG) ignition protection requirements. The Incoloy sheathing prevents “dryfire”shorting in the event the elements are under ignition without water in the tank.
Power: 120V 1500W standard configuration. Custom configuration is available, including 240V, 480V, 3 Phase (on 20+ gallon only). Contact your nearest dealer for details.
Warranty: 5 Year
Each Marine Water Heater is individually factory pressure & electrically tested before shipping.
- A – 737mm-29″
- B – 368mm-14.5″
- C – 610mm-24″
- D – 359mm-14.125″
- E – 321mm-12.625″
- F – 241mm-9.5″
- G – 127mm-5″
- H – 157mm-6.1875″